.BD DOMAIN NAME REGISTRATION :
Bangladesh Telegraph and Telephone Board (BTTB) started registration of domain since 2001 with .bd applications for registration of domain for .bd
Any person can apply for registration of domain with .bd and it takes few days to active the domain upon submitting documents (agreement). Domain can be registered initially for one year and subsequently renewable for further periods of one year. It is very easy, no paper or authorization is required to register a domain in Bangladesh.
Please take notice about the rules and requirements which you have to confirm so that you can register or administrate a domain.
Top Level Domain (TLD): .bd
Second Level Domain (SLD): .com.bd
.bd Registration Form
.bd Registration Agreement
Price: BDT 2500 (For 2 years)
||Intended for Commercial entities and purposes
||Intended for Not-for-profit entities
||Intended for Personal names, only individuals can register
||Restricted to Bangladesh Internet Service Providers' infrastructure
||Restricted to Bangladesh Educational institute , college and universities
||Restricted to Bangladesh Academic institute , schools and coaching center
||Restricted to bangladeshi Internet Service Providers' infrastructure
||Restricted to Governme
Any person / organization from all over the world can apply for registration of domain with DOT BD and it takes 4 working days to active the domain upon submitting order. DOT BD Domain can be registered initially for one year and subsequently renewable for further periods of one year. We encourage to submit order for minimum 2 years. It is very easy, no paper or authorization is required to register a domain in Bangladesh.
It is a great opportunity to open a new market in Bangladesh by registering your DOT BD domain name.
Registrations are at the third level beneath several second-level labels (com, edu, ac, net, gov, org, and mil), paralleling the oldest gTLDs; registration is open except in the gov and mil subdomains, which are limited to authorized entities in the Bangladesh government but some generic names are barred from registration.
APPLY RESELLER OF .BD DOMAIN:
We are the authorized DOT BD Domain name registration service provider of BTTB.
You can apply for reseller or Bulk registration of domain with DOT BD and it takes Four (04) to Six (06) Business days to active the domain upon submitting order. DOT BD Domain can be registered initially for two years and subsequently renewable for further periods of as many years as you want. We encourage submitting order for minimum 2 years. It is very easy, no paper or authorization is required to register a domain in Bangladesh.
Nano IT World offers massive discount for our DOT .BD resellers who purchase bulk domains or re-sell numbers of domains in a regular interval. It is a great opportunity to open a new market in Bangladesh by registering your DOT BD domain name. If you have customer who are looking for DOT .bd domain and probability of recurring business please APPLY FOR RESELLER NOW !!!
Registrations are at the third level beneath several second-level labels (com.bd .edu.bd, .net.bd, .gov.bd, .org.bd and so on.), paralleling the oldest gTLDs; registration is open except in the .gov.bd and mil sub domains, which are limited to authorized entities in the Bangladesh government but some generic names are barred from registration.
APPLY RESELLER OF .BD DOMAIN:
- What is a top level domain?
- Top level domain is the rightmost part of a domain name. For example, com, edu, net, org, gov, mil, int are some of the most commonly used top level domains.
- Who assigns these top level domains?
- Top level domains are assigned by the "Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers" (ICANN). It is a non-profit corporation formed to assume responsibility for the IP address space allocation, protocol parameter assignment, domain name system management, and root server system management. Previously this task was assigned to IANA (Internet assigned number authority).
- What is a ccTLD (Country code top level domain)?
- A top level domain is assigned for every country to represent the country in the Internet world. For example .uk, .jp , .bd , .au are the ccTLD of United Kingdom, Japan, Bangladesh and Australia respectively. [ccTLD list] . A two letter country code specified by the ISO 3166-1 standard is used for this purpose.
- Where can I get the application form?
- Click Here to download the application form and a copy of agreement. Subscribers of Dhaka Metropolitan area can Contact Us.
- Who controls the .bd domain?
- Ministry of Post and Telecommunications, Government of the People's Republic of Bangladesh, is the sponsoring organization of .bd ccTLD. Bangladesh Telegraph and Telephone Board have been delegated to maintain the registration service.
- How can I register a domain under .bd?
- Prescribed Application Form and a .bd Agreement must be filled up, signed and sent to Nano IT Office Address A Demand Note will be issued, clearly mentioning the amount to be paid and the place of payment. One paid copy of the demand note must be returned to the same office. After receiving the paid copy, the registration will be completed.
- Where can I get the application form?
- Click Here for download the application form and copy of agreement.
- Can I apply online?
- No, not for the time being.
- Can I register a domain directly under .bd?
- No, a domain directly under .bd is NOT allowed. For example "abc.bd" for a certain company "abc" is not allowed. But a domain of the form "abc.com.bd" or "abc.net.bd" is a valid domain name.
- What are the available .bd sub domains?
- Presently com, edu, ac, net, gov, org, mil sub domains are available. But "gov" and "mil" sub domains are reserved for "Government" and "Defense" organizations respectively. Registration of domains under such domains should be initiated by appropriate authority.
- Is there any restriction in domain name selection?
- You can select any name other than generic terms, name of professions, services, products, sports etc. as a domain name. For example, "Doctor", "Lawyer", "Rice", "School" etc. are not acceptable. Any domain name offending our social practices, culture, religions, and respected personalities will not be accepted.
- Do I get a free IP with domain registration?
- No, providing IP is not relevant to domain registration service.
- What is the technical information that I must provide to activate the domain?
- To activate the domain name, you must provide the Names and IP addresses of Primary and Secondary Domain Name Server.
- Why I must provide the name of at least one name server and its IP?
- Domain names are held in a distributed database. Your "Domain Name Server" holds the name and IP address of all the machines in your domain. Whenever any machine in the internet tries to locate a machine in your domain, (that is under .bd domain), the request is first forwarded to .bd name server. The .bd name server then looks up the name of your domain's name server in its database. Then it responds mentioning the name of your "Domain Name Serve" as the ultimate authority to give that information. Your "Domain Name Server" is then queried about that machine and the IP address is obtained from it.
- What will happen if I do not provide technical information?
- In that case the domain name will be reserved for you but it will be inoperative.
- How can I check that the information I provided were entered properly?
- Network utility tools like "nslookup" or "dig" can be used for this purpose, making .bd Domain name server "dns.bd" as the default server.
- Why do I have to mention "Administrative contact" and "Technical contact"?
- It is a general practice to separate two types of activities associated with the control of a domain. "Administrative contact" is the ultimate authority of a domain. "Technical contact" deals with the technical aspects of that domain.
- Who should be the administrative and technical contacts of the domain?
- Administrative contact must be from the registrant organisation. Technical contact may be anybody authorized by the registrant.